Wednesday, October 10, 2007

BRANCHES



The basic idea of this painting arose at a time I was trying to gather information on my ancestry. I was fascinated by the fact that my family came from a certain culture and blended in with so many different cultures through marriage, travel, time and migration.

I would have called this painting 'ROOTS' but then did a rethink as I seem to be getting into controversies with my painting titles, I mean one paints branches and names is roots?

Okay, so 'Branches' it remained.

I have used acrylics and texture white yet again and a combination of complementary colours with red being highlighted and representing life.

2 comments:

Sandeshika said...

Oh! goodness, it is EXQUISITE!! I am wordless....if there is such a word.

Unknown said...

i have always loved this painting too